Questions we seek to answer through our research:
- Can rehabilitation be improved through the use of robotics?
- How can we improve the health and function of wheelchair-bound individuals?
- How can we reduce the risks of developing co-morbidities in at-risk populations?
- What are the best design strategies for enabling an amputee to precisely control a passive and/or active prosthesis?
- Prosthetic design
- Rehabilitation robotics
- Wheelchair seating biomechanics
- Wheelchair drive control
- Normal and pathological biomechanics
- Experimental analysis of human movement
- Musculoskeletal modeling and simulation for activities of daily living
- Experimental biomechanical testing (both in vivo and in vitro)